Gambling Community Benefit Fund Now Open – Deadline 28 February 2017
The Gambling Community Benefit Fund Grant Program provides funding of up to $35,000 for community groups to enhance their capacity to provide services, leisure activities and opportunities for Queensland communities. The Department of Justice and Attorney-General has launched a new online portal for all future grant applications.
Round 92 of the Gambling Community Benefit Fund is now open and will close on 28 February 2017.
All Queensland Scout Formations wishing to apply for a Gambling Community Benefit Fund Grant must first contact the Grants and Project Officer at the Branch Support Office who will register the Formation with the online portal and provide guidance on completing the application process.
For further details regarding the Fund visit: www.justice.qld.gov.au/corporate/sponsorships-and-grants/grants/community-benefit-funding-programs
Instructions for applicant can be found at the following link: Gambling Community Benefit Fund Instructions for applicants
Key points for Queensland Scout Formations using the new online grant application process:
- The Branch Support Office will register all Scout Formations on the online portal and a User Name and Password will be provided on request.
- As the legal entity, The Scout Association of Australia, Queensland Branch Inc. is registered with the Fund as the ‘Sponsor Organisation’, Individual Queensland Scout Formations are defined as ‘Sponsored Entities’ by the Fund.
- Formations must complete the F2 Checklist to confirm support from the District Commissioner (where applicable) and Region Commissioner.
- Group Leaders must also be aware of and support all grant applications submitted on their behalf.
- For Facility Improvements, please refer to the F14 Building Approval Process. Formations must receive ‘Approval In Principle’ for the project prior to submitting a grant application.
- The Fund will no longer gross up grant awards for GST, therefore you will receive the full value of the grant and where tax invoices are provided you can spend a further 10% as the GST on goods and services can be reclaimed by the Branch Support Office (e.g. $35,000 grant award will be acquitted with invoices valued at $35,000 excluding GST therefore the Formation can spend up to $38,500 including GST).
- The acquittal period for Facility Improvements projects remains at 12 months but for other purchases the acquittal has decreased to 6 months.
- Formations wishing to apply must have completed their current Finance and Property Returns and must not have any un-managed debts.
- Only the Chief Commissioner can complete the application Declaration as being ‘legally empowered’ to enter into a funding agreement. Please advise the Grants and Project Officer of your intention to apply to the Fund at least one week before the grant deadline in order for approvals to be sought.
- Applications submitted by Queensland Scout Formations without the prior approval of the Chief Commissioner will be rejected and removed from the portal.
- Further changes have been introduced for change of purpose and extension of time requests, successful grant applicants will be advised of the new arrangements when they are notified of their grant success.
- Future closing dates each year (28 February / 31 May / 31 August / 30 November).
Contact: Catherine Schofield, Grants and Project Officer
Tel: 07 3721 5734