Positions Vacant | General Manager
About this opportunity
- Business Management Role
- Leading Membership Organisation
- Drive Innovation and Change
Scouting is a worldwide movement that has shaped the development of youth and adults for more than 100 years. Scouts are in every part of our community and Scouts in the biggest and most successful youth organisation in Australia and the world. Approximately 13000 boys, girls, and adults in Queensland from various cultural or religious backgrounds and with varying abilities, participate in all aspect of Scouting – an education for life.
We are looking for a visionary General Manager who is excited to lead people within a change environment. You will be someone who demonstrates personal drive and integrity, can achieve results, manage stakeholder engagement, cultivate productive working relationships and has the ability to plan strategically and to provide five star customer service and engagement to our membership and volunteers.
The General Manager is the senior executive employee of the Scout Association of Australia, Queensland Branch Inc. and plays a vital role in delivering the strategic plan set by the Branch Executive Committee in collaboration with the Chief Commissioner.
Leading the executive team, employees and supporting the membership of the Branch whilst delivering commercial results for the betterment of Scouts Queensland are some of the key facets of the role.
The position holder will have the opportunity to directly contribute to the strategy, decision making, commercial and operational development of our exciting organisation as we build a more sustainable and outcomes focused organisation.
The person will have the ability to interact with members of the Branch from all walks of life, be easy going, patient, mature, collegiate – a people person, sensitive to the widely varying status and motivation of all our stakeholders.
It is essential that the General Manager has a passionate commitment to the Vision, objectives and philosophy of the Scout Movement, its policies and procedures and a clear understanding of the methods which make it distinctive from other youth organisations.
- Develop and manage the entire spectrum of business activities of the Branch and provide ongoing monthly reporting demonstrating that results are being delivered.
- In cooperation with the Chief Commissioner and Branch Executive Committee, oversee the development and implementation of the Branch Strategic Plan.
- Promote the Scout Movement in the wider community by forming strategic alliances with Government, Partners, Sponsors and other stakeholders at all
- Seek to develop and maintain commercial activities for the Branch through which future financial sustainability may be
- Provide support to the Branch Council, Branch Executive Committee, Chief Commissioner’s Council, Branch Finance Committee and other Branch Subcommittees.
- Research and present recommendations across a range of Scouting policies and operations as determined by the Branch Executive Committee.
- Apply the principles of good governance and risk management on behalf of Scouts Queensland by overseeing all Scouts Queensland business and commercial program
- Extensive previous experience at the General Manager/Executive Manager level preferably in a non for profit or membership based organisation.
- 5 years minimum experience in a similar role.
- Appropriate tertiary qualifications in Business Management or similar would be expected.
- High level experience in the development, management and analysis of budgets, financial modelling, cost analysis and the development of financial policies.
- High level experience in the development of commercial and strategic agreement and projects.
- High level organisational skills and advanced problem solving skills.
- Experience in implementation of quality management and risk management procedures.
- Ability to work autonomously and prioritise tasks.
- Intermediate to advance MS Office suite skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Flexible and adaptable with proven ability to multi-task
- Understanding of and commitment to the Mission and core objectives.
To apply for this rare opportunity working with a wonderful organisation and offering career satisfaction please send your full resume together with an appropriate letter of application.
A specific cover letter is a requirement for consideration in direct response to the key responsibilities and experience/qualifications.
Please note to be eligible for this role you will have to be eligible to work in Australia and undergo assessment for a Positive Notice Blue Card working with children check and remain eligible to hold this.
For any further information and/or confidential discussion please contact: Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org
We appreciate all applications but only successful short listed applicants who are a close match for our requirements will be contacted for potential interview.
No recruitment agencies please.