QUEENSLAND SCOUT FOUNDATION GRANTS
2018/19 QUEENSLAND SCOUT FOUNDATION GRANTS CLOSED
The Queensland Scout Foundation was established to provide grants to assist with the development and delivery of the youth programme in all Formations of the Queensland Branch. The value of the Fund consists of existing capital, donations to the Association that are not tied to a particular project and investment income. Following a review of the Queensland Scout Foundation in 2015, a new application process has been launched based on the following guidelines:
- Grants will be made only for purposes which provide apparent ongoing benefits for future generations of Scouting in line with the Formations 2020 Plan objectives.
- Grants are primarily provided for projects that benefit the development or delivery of the youth programme, however in certain cases projects such as the construction or extension of dens may be considered.
- Grants will be considered as a consequence of facility audits which have identified urgent maintenance and is required for the ongoing safety of Members of the Association.
- Grants will be approved to a general value of up to $5 000 for any one project, however special consideration will be given to applications outside of this guideline and the value of awards will depend on the likely benefits achieved.
- Formations that seek grants which complement their existing fundraising efforts and /or contributions will be highly regarded.
- All applicants are to complete the Queensland Scout Foundation Grant Application Form (F7). The form must be completed in full and be received by the Grants Officer by the first Wednesday of each month to be eligible for consideration at that months Branch Finance Committee.
- Applications may be submitted by Formations at any time throughout the year and they will be considered and awarded, as appropriate, at the monthly meeting of the Branch Finance Committee. Applications for funding in excess of $5 000 will need to be ratified by the Branch Finance Committee prior to being submitted for approval from the Branch Executive Committee.
- The results from each grant round will be communicated in writing and for successful applicants guidance will be provided on how the grant funds will be managed.
- Funds awarded to successful applicants must be used for the purpose for which they were allocated, any changes to the approved items must be requested in writing for consideration by the Branch Finance Committee.
- On completion of expenditure against the grant funds a Grant Acquittal Form (F32) must be completed and submitted.
- Grants will be awarded for a period of 12 months after which any unspent money will be returned to the Fund unless a request is submitted in writing for an extension in time to complete expenditure against the grant.
- Priority will be given to applicants who have not previously received funding from the Queensland Scout Foundation and those who have not received funding for 12 months since the successful completion of all expenditure and acquittal of a grant award.
Please direct all enquires and correspondence to:
Tel: 07 3721 5734
32 Dixon Street, Auchenflower QLD 4066
QBSI 6.6 Queensland Branch Scouting Instructions – Download Here QBSI-6-6-queensland-scout-foundation
Form F7 Queensland Scout Foundation Grant Application – Download Here F7 – Application for Grant from Qld Scout Foundation 2017
Form F32 Queensland Scout Foundation Grant Acquittal – Download Here F32 – Acquittal for Grant from Qld Scout Foundation