From the Chief Commissioner
Over the last month I have highlighted to our leaders the following topics:
- National Volunteer Week 16th – 22nd May – you may have seen our social media posts on Facebook over the week – recognizing some of our Volunteer Leaders
- COVID remains prevalent in our community, and we remain focused on ensuring we continue to comply with any health directives- this is a focus on my weekly communication with all leaders.
- Annual Reports Presentations have commenced over the last month, and this is a chance to for you to hear about the great Scouting that is happening at your Group! – Make sure you get along to your Groups.
- Peak Awards have again highlighted how hard our Youth members are working towards achieving personal goals! This is reflected in this newsletter further on.
- Branch Executive Committee approved a revised Risk Management Policy and Information Management Policy
- National Sorry Day /National Reconciliation Week
- Queens Platinum Jubilee celebrations – where I had the opportunity to be accompanied by 2 youth members to a reception at Government House
- Brisbane Gang Show’s 71st Season opens on July 1st – Bookings at brisbanegangshow.com.au
- We can once again be involved in the upcoming Brisbane Royal National Show – (Ekka). This year being part of the Fruit and Vegetable Display and providing Flag Bearers for the main arena each evening. Youth can register to be a part of these activities and a form for expressions of interest can be found later in this newsletter.
If you would like to read more from the Chief Commissioner follow this link to previous editions of the Chief’s Newsletter – HERE