NOTES FOR PARENTS/GUARDIANS AND LEADERS
NEW MEMBER ENROLMENT FEES
|April 2023||May 2023||June 2023||July 2023||Aug 2023||Sept 2023|
|Oct 2023||Nov 2023||Dec 2023||Jan 2024||Feb 2024||Mar 2024|
Rover Scouts: Pay the above Registration Fee PLUS the $13.50 Rover Scout Levy.
To meet local expenses our Groups charge a Group fee which covers such things as local maintenance, training of adult leaders, facility insurance contributions, and administrative expenses. Each Group sets their fee according to the local needs with the frequency of collection also aligned to the needs and capacity of their community.
Registration Form and Process:
- The initial Scouts Queensland enrolment fee will be invoiced either to the applicant or the Scout Group as requested through the enrolment form and is payable within 28 days. Membership will be withdrawn if the invoice remains unpaid after 28 days.
- This initial Scouts Queensland fee does not include any local Group fees, which are set by the Group to meet local costs in the provision of Scouting in their Community.
- A Membership renewal fee will be invoiced directly to the Scout Group for the next six month period starting on 1 April and 1 October of each year and is payable by the Group. The Scout Group will collect the Membership renewal fee from parents/guardians in a manner determined by the Group prior to the renewal date.
- Refer to POLICY & RULES (available from the Scouts Australia Website) for the minimum age requirements for each Section. Applicants who do not meet the minimum age requirements of the Joey Scout Section cannot be registered.
- The Youth Member Registration Form (Form A5) must be completed and input online by the applicant or parent/guardian via the Scouts Queensland website.
- The Registration Form must signed by the Parent(s) or Guardian(s) or by the Applicant if 18 years of age or over. If there is only one parent signature, please provide a reason for only one signature, e.g. “Single Parent”.
- Ensure that each section of the form has been fully completed. Incomplete forms will be rejected and returned to the Group Leader.
Indemnity and Insurance:
- For information on the Association’s insurance policies, please refer to the insurance guides on the Support Hub https://helpdesk.scoutsqld.com.au/portal/en/kb/articles/insurance-within-scouts-what-do-i-need-to-know
Young Adults (Rovers Scouts):
- Where an Applicant is over the age of 18 years, their parent/s signatures are not required.
- If the applicant is over the age of 18 years Part I must be completed and attached a signed copy of the A20 Rover Indemnity Form.
- New Members are provided with up to 28 days to pay the initial membership fee. The new member is able to enjoy the benefits of membership during that period. Once the initial membership fee has been paid no refunds for that period of Membership will be provided.
For more information, please review the Parent/Guardian info book available at: