Join Scouts Queensland Now!
To learn more about Scouting and how you can enjoy the Scouting experiences feel free to download your
FREE Parent Welcome Pack
Join Scouts Queensland
Step 1: Locate a Scout Group Near You
Scouts QLD engages and inspires young Australians to develop confidence, resilience and leadership.
Why Join Scouts?
- To Accept Challenges
- Environmental Issues
- Initiative & Problem Solving
- To Achieve Badges & Awards
- To Keep It Fun
- Planning & To Be Prepared
- To Be Risk Takers
- The Importance of Community Involvement
Got Some Questions
How does my child join Scouts?
- Use the Group locator to find your local Scout Group https://scoutsqld.com.au/group-locator/
- Call Us or Email to get in touch with your local group.
- Go for a visit with your child to see what the Scouts do – (just wear comfortable play clothes and covered shoes)
- Your Group Leader will provide information about the Group as well as the registration form
- Fill in the form to join up and watch your child grow and learn with each exciting Scouting adventure
- Around four to six weeks your child will be invested and this is when they will require their uniform
Will my child go on camps?
- Groups hold many different activities, sleepovers and camps throughout the year
- The program is specifically designed to develop each youth member and activities are aged based accordingly
- Chat to your Group Leader they can let you know all about the fun your child will have throughout the year
- Scout Groups run their programs around the school terms
Can I get involved without becoming a Leader?
- Groups encourage families to get involved and there are many things that you can do to support the Group
- Groups will welcome Leaders and other helpers and sometimes Sections require parent helpers on random occasions
- Chat to your Group Leader – they will be happy to chat about the different roles that are needed to keep the Group active
Are the Leaders qualified?
- Scouts Queensland is committed to providing quality programs and all Leaders undertake a Basic and Advanced training course as part of the National Training
- All Adult Members must complete mandatory Child Protection and WH & Safety modules
I missed the sign on day can I still join?
- Scouts is different to sports clubs as it doesn’t work on a season but runs all year round and you can join anytime
- Scout Groups tend to use the state school terms and break for holidays throughout the year accordingly
What if we try Scouts and it’s not for us?
- Scouts Qld has a six week cooling off period after the full membership has been paid – If the new member decides to withdraw within six weeks of joining, Branch Support Office will credit/refund the money paid provided a written request for a refund is received within the next four weeks.
- Most investitures into the Group don’t happen until the six week period so uniforms are not needed to be purchased until this time as well