All Formation Leaders have been emailed a listing of Members eligible for consideration for an award in their area of responsibility and a copy of the Adult Recognition Award nomination form (nomination year 2016). The nomination form will also be available by visiting the members only area of the Branch website.
Details and timetable for the processing of the Adult Recognition Awards for the Queensland Branch for 2016 are as follows:
- Completed nomination forms with citations and documentation to be received at the Branch Support Office no later than April 1, 2016. It is imperative that nominations are received by this date as they will need to be checked, collated and reviewed by the Branch awards committee prior to being forwarded to National by the due date.
- Nominations received after April 1, 2016, will not be accepted. There will be no exceptions in this regard.
- Nominations received on a 2015 (or earlier) nomination form will not be accepted. All nominations must be on the current 2016 nomination form. Unsuccessful nominations from a previous year must be resubmitted on the new 2016 nomination form.
- During the month of April all nominations received will be reviewed by the Branch awards committee.
- Awards are forwarded to National for approval no later than May 2, 2016.
- The awards will be announced on August 1, 2016.
Adult Recognition Awards are awarded to persons who have given especially valuable service over a considerable period. Awards are granted for good service beyond the level of service normally expected of a person in carrying out the responsibilities of the appointment held.
Certificates and distinctive cloth emblems (for wearing on uniform) are issued with the awards as appropriate. Distinctive lapel pins for wear in civilian dress are issued (lapel pins are not to be worn on the uniform). Please note that lapel pins are only issued to first time recipients.
Details and criteria for Adult Recognition Awards are outlined in pages 4-6 of the nomination form.
Nominations for awards (including citations) should be sent directly to the Chief Commissioner’s Office or via the line management structure, marked “Confidential”.
It is imperative that citations are as descriptive and accurate as possible. An example of a good citation is included on the following two pages for your consideration.
Click here for a 2016 ARA Nomination Form PDF file
Click here for a 2016 ARA Nomination Form Word file
Click here for a 2016 Rover Service Award Nomination Form