Scouts Australia has a 4WD Training Program which falls within the Adventurous Activities Training Framework.
The 4WD Training Program has 3 Levels of Skill, Guide and Instructor Appointments.
The Level 1 Four Wheel Driving Skill Course is a basic training program and has the Unit of Competency
- SISODRV201A – Drive AWD/4WD vehicles on unsealed roads.
The Level 2 Four Wheel Driving Skills Course is an intermediate training program and has the following Units of Competency as an outcome:
- SISODRV302A – Drive and recover a 4WD vehicle
- TLIB2003A – Carry out vehicle servicing and maintenance
- TLIB2004A – Carry out vehicle inspection
- TLIH3002A – Plan and navigate routes
The Level 3 Four Wheel Driving Skills Course is an advanced training program and has the following Units of Competency as an outcome:
- SISODRV404A – Drive a 4WD vehicle in difficult terrain
- SISODRV405A – Coordinate recovery of 4WD vehicles
A Member who is a Level 2 4WD Skills holder and undertakes training in the Unit SISODRV 303A – Guide 4WD Tours and meets the other appointment criteria can be appointed as a Scouts Qld 4WD Guide.
A 4WD Guide who has completed the Level 3 Skills Training Course can up grade their appointment to a 4WD Guide (Advanced).
A Scouts Australia Adventurous Activities Instructors Appointment is on offer for 4WD.
4WD Training is required when the following activities are conducted:
- Where a 4WD is being used as the mode of transport for an Expedition / Journey then 4WD Training is required by the Drivers.
- Where a 4WD is being used as a support vehicle to an Expedition / Journey then 4WD Training is required by the Drivers.
- Where an Adult Member is taking Youth Members for a Guided Tour using a 4WD Vehicle then 4WD Training is required by the Drivers.
- Where an Adult Members is conducting a tag along tour of other members in 4WD Vehicles as an activity then 4WD Training is required.
Scouts Qld is currently putting the final touches on the New Training Courses and then they will be advertised in the Scouts Qld Branch Training Calendar.
A new Four Wheel Driving Section of QBSI is in the final drafting stages and will be presented to the next Regional Commissioners Conference for approval.
If you would like some more details please contact Peter Gould : Branch Commissioner Adventurous Activities at email@example.com