Dear members – please note that the following updates to QBSI are now available HERE.
- QBSI Cover and Content (content updates to reflect this update to Queensland Branch Scouting Instructions)
- QBSI 2.1 Youth Sections (updates to QBSI 184.108.40.206 Section Age Ranges in Queensland, and QBSI 2.1.10 Extension Beyond Age Range; minor update to QBSI 2.1.11 Section Flags Design)
- QBSI 2.15 Adventurous Activities (new paragraph QBSI 220.127.116.11 Level 3)
- QBSI 2.18 Bubble Ball Activity Hire (new chapter)
- QBSI 6.3 Bank Accounts (amendments throughout, complete re-read recommended)
- QBSI 6.5 Grants (re-write, complete re-read recommended)
- QBSI 6.8 Fundraising (new paragraph QBSI 6.8.2 Policy and Rules, removal of paragraph ‘Fundraising – Door to Door’)
- QBSI 6.10 Reimbursement for Car Travel for Members attached to Branch (removal of paragraph ‘Current Practice’, updates to QBSI 6.10.2 Policy – Travel Support Allowance, and QBSI 6.10.3 Initial Travel Support Rates)
- QBSI 6.11 Financial Assistance (updates to QBSI 6.11.1 New Group Grant, QBSI 6.11.2 To Assist Youth Members Travelling Overseas or to National Events, and removal of paragraph ‘Training Support’)
- QBSI 8 Uniform (updates to QBSI 8.2.1 Shirt, and QBSI 8.3.3 Scarves)
- QBSI 11.24 Terra Firma – Alpine Activities (new chapter)
- QBSI 11.25 Terra Firma – Archery (minor updates to QBSI 11.25.2 Special Conditions, QBSI 11.25.4 Minimum Activity-Specific Equipment/Facilities, and QBSI 11.25.5 Mandatory Activity-Specific Hazards/Risks and Suggested Control Measures)
- QBSI 11.27 Terra Firma – Bushwalking (updates to QBSI 11.27.2 Minimum Activity-Specific Qualifications for Supervisors, and QBSI 11.27.3 Minimum Activity-Specific Equipment/Facilities)
- QBSI 11.31 Terra Firma – Pioneering (new chapter)
- QBSI 11.33 Vertical – Abseiling (update to QBSI 11.33.2 Minimum Activity-Specific Qualifications for Supervisors)
- QBSI 11.37 Vertical – Climbing (removal of paragraph ‘Policy’, update to QBSI 18.104.22.168 Minimum Activity-Specific Qualifications for Guide/Instructor)
- QBSI 11.39 Use of External Providers for Adventurous Activities (new chapter)
Please remember to update your QBSI USBs if you use one.
To access the updates click here.